ca. 1934 - 1943
lithograph on paper16 x 23 in. (40.64 x 58.42 cm)
(Kansas City, MO, USA, 1899 - 1978)
CULTURE OR GROUP:
signed on stone, b.l.: "Marian Simpson"; titled in pencil, l.l.: "Men Digging"; embossed b.r.: "Federal Art Project"; inscribed in pencil b.r. corner mat: "Q764.73 S613m"; stamped on reverse side: "Ricker Library Architecture University of Illinois"
Allocated by the U.S. Government, Commissioned through the New Deal art projects
Open Access Image
Read our Image Use and Open Access Policy here.
NOT CURRENTLY ON VIEW
While gallery locations are updated regularly, there is no guarantee any object will be on display the day of your visit. This is an abbreviated record which may not reflect our complete or current knowledge of the object. If you have questions, suggestions, or corrections regarding the collection, please email email@example.com.
SELECTED EXHIBITION HISTORY
- primary object, image: 12 x 16 in. (30.48 x 40.64 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
- Modernist Strategies: Hightlights from the WPA [Exhibition]
- New Deal Art : WPA collection
- Prints: American before 1950
- Prints: New Deal Art (WPA/PWAP)
- Prints: Women Printmakers
- Seeing with New Eyes: Creativity in the Age of Covid-19 and Black Lives Matter [Exhibition]
- Women Artists
- Works in the Public Domain